Los Angeles Organization of Ultimate Teams

WFDF trying to get Ultimate in the Olympics

Home Forums General Ultimate Discussions WFDF trying to get Ultimate in the Olympics

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Goat 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Goat
    Key Master

I like the idea of Ultimate growing and getting into the Olympics, but also not opposed to having refs for some things, and maybe observers already do this and I’m not aware of it.  It would be hard for refs to call all the fouls we call, but so it goes.  In every sport the refs get some right and some wrong.  Instant replay would probably have to be instituted, and I don’t think that’s a bad thing either.  I’m not opposed to a shot-clock type clock counting stalls, but maybe it would only start if a defender is within a certain distance – again something that’s never going to go right all the time.  But I’m also in favor of players getting yellow and red cards and sitting out games for aggressively fouling, and getting fined for unsportsmanlike conduct.

This is a good example of what I’m talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCOHdLd0LyA

I don’t think football has suffered because people can’t excessively celebrate.  It’s fine dance around in the endzone and get excited at the end of a long hard fought point.  I’m not in favor of spiking the disc in someone’s face.  And I can understand not wanting to slap hands when your team loses a big game.  Get in the line at the and slap hands with everyone.

That’s my 2 cents.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.